Thursday, April 3, 2008

A common misconception...

Something that most people probably don't know about me is I that hardly ever get a full night's sleep. That would seem strange to most since I have almost a 4 and 2 yr. old...they should definitely be sleeping through the night, right? oh, wrong...

I haven't slept through a full night in at least a few weeks. There is always someone that is cutting molars, needs to go tee-tee, can't find their paci, is hot, needs to tell me something, wets the bed (I don't react very well AT ALL to this one - thank God it happens only once in a blue moon!), has a bad dream, is coughing, needs water, needs motrin, or needs to be covered up (seriously!). And the thing about it is my kids are great sleepers! They don't have any sleep issues, they go to bed at a reasonable hour and take wonderful naps. It's just at these late night moments that I'm shuffling around in my sleep, I'm always wondering "am I the only mother with kids my age that is up every night?"

All that to say, I am spending the night downtown Saturday night with my wonderful husband of 6 years for our anniversary and I'm so looking forward to the W Hotel and their HEAVENLY BED!!! Which is on sale right now, by the way! I'm going to sleep ALL night and I'm just so so excited about it! It's the little things that excite me when I'm escaping motherhood for the night!

1 comment:

  1. We are talking about going away to a bed and breakfast for a night, and the thing I look forward to the most is a good nights sleep!!! My pregnancy hormones have kicked in again, and I'm awake from 2-4 every night...grrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete