So just wanted to give an update on the boys since everyone has been so supportive! I guess two nights ago it took us an hour and a half to get the boys down (that was from the last blog) but THEN....little man got up probably 15 times between the hours of 1:00 and 3:00 am. Well I was exhausted from picking him up so many times that day that daddy offered to get up with him each time. This isn't good because he's up sooooo early so he usually is NEVER up with the kids at night!!!
Finally at 3 am we had both had enough and put him in his crib - he cried for about 10 minutes but then slept til 8 am. So of course, the next morning I was more confused than ever - had no idea what to do....do I put him back in the crib or keep pressing forward with this battle that no on is winning and both of us are so frustrated with!!! So yesterday for his nap, I put him in his crib at 1:30 and do you know he slept until 5:15? Do you think he was exhausted? He went back to bed last night around 9:00 and was just so happy to be in his crib....When I went in to check on him, he was curled up in the corner using his bumper pads as his pillow...he loves it. Then we got to put numero uno to bed by himself and we did our normal routine - everything we had been doing before we decided to move them together and he was even so much happier. After we got them both down (happily) in their beds, I told my husband "we have our sweet kids back" - gone is the stress of this "plan" that I had gotten in my head that obviously wasn't working!!! I still feel that one day they'll be in the same room maybe when they are a little older and more mature but if not, so what? I have let it go - And gosh it feels so much better than the anxiety I was carrying around all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you Christy! I'm so glad!!! I asked my mom what her advice would be and she said she would put him back in the crib for another 2-3 months and try the bed again. Little guy just loves that crib! Molly does too...she is NOT going to like giving it up! I'm just so glad you all finally got some rest and everyone is happy again!
ReplyDelete