Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things I know for sure......





These are things I know to be for sure right here, right now, today.....


*Fall is on the way! I got my Southern Living creative side out and redecorated my front door! I LOVE DOING THIS! The only thing that's missing is the pumpkins. Numero Uno was such a big help planting and cleaning. It is such a joy to work out in the yard with my kids (even though I don't do it that often!)



*Numero Uno can try and convince me all he wants that he doesn't need a nap everyday but then I find him like this after our little planting session. Does this not look like the perfect napping spot? I guess he thought so!





* Little man went poop on the potty today! YEAH! But then he wet his pants after our trip to Home Depot....One step forward, two steps back....Still celebrating the small victories! (Here is the picture of the boys I took on little man's first day of preschool)





* I have some really awesome friends that aren't going anywhere and I know we will be friends forever. I'm blessed to have more than my share of these types of friends but last night two celebrated me turning 33 at the park. It was such an awesome night and we relaxed, ate and laughed while our kids played....such fun memories.



* I turn 33 tomorrow and am so looking forward to a quiet, adult conversation only, dinner date with my husband tonight! YEAH!

(This song always makes me think of these people)

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

  1. am I still included in that group? I'm so, so so very sorry I missed it last night. wish i'd been there, for sure. I do hope you have a beautiful, happy, and simple birthday . . . those are the best kind in our old age. I love you girl. you are a priceless mainstay in my world and I treasure you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Christy!!!! Kari said she saw you guys at the park! I was jealous! : ) Love your front door, and you have inspired me! I need to get the lead out and do something like that. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your front door looks AMAZING! Has it always been beveled like that? Is that new? I don't remember it being that fancy schmancy!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you sweet friend. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend with your bad self......

    Yay for little one for the sucesses.

    Love you ... want details about the date! Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete