Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Tri Guy....



"My guy" signed up to participate in a half Ironman over a year ago and this weekend, he completed it! I have not one ounce of desire in my body to do something like this...we are very very different!


Let me tell you a little bit about myself so you'll understand how different my husband and I are...

  • I HATE to exercise! I always feel great when it's done but I dread getting started!
  • I sleep ALOT! When people ask me what my hobbies are, that's the first thing that comes to mind. I'm a big napper and LOVE to sleep in....any chance I get!
  • Discipline and perserverance...not my strong points
  • I can talk to anybody - it's one of personality traits - friends growing up always said I could talk to a brick wall and they are right!

He's the complete opposite of these things - he is such a disciplined person in everything he does. Anything he sets his mind to, he succeeds! He's so strong (physically and mentally).


He's not a napper and he's up and at 'em in the morning. He can't imagine sleeping until noon - he never did that as a teenager (me on the other hand.....). He has no interest in laying around all day (even with football on) "There is too much to do"

He makes me so proud to be his wife and everyday I'm just so proud of him as a person!!! He would be someone that amazed me even if I didn't know him.



He's very quiet and reserved....he thinks before he speaks. He's level headed - not easily angered - patient. (no this has no meaning to the post but yes...I'm the opposite of that!)


I don't know anything about triathlons but supposedly you work yourself up to an Ironman - you do a sprint, then olympic distance, then a half ironman, then the full ironman. He just jumped right in and did the Half!!!



Can you tell we are proud of him????

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Proud of him! And on a creative note...did you make all those signs with your cricut??

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome!!
    surely those boys are totally impressed with big daddy!

    ps
    did you just wake up?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO proud of him Christy! I followed his progress on the website! He did GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and I'm SO VERY proud of you too Robby! wish I could have been there to cheer you on but I followed you all day on the website and was thrilled to see your final time- COMPLETED!! way to go . . ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO proud of you Robby!
    What fun to watch someone START something and then COMPLETE it - what a sense of accomplishment.

    you are right - y'all are opposites... but isn't that the best fit afterall?

    xo
    **LOVE the signs by the way, you are SUCH a artsy gal now with your Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. I can't imagine being able to do all that - I would never make it beyond the swim. You must be SO proud!

    ReplyDelete