Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Transformation

One of my goals in life is to become an organized person! I LOVE when I'm organized! Everything has a place, it's uncluttered...simple. But the problem is, I am SO NOT an organized person!!!! I try and I do pretty well for a few days and then it all just falls apart! I can't keep it organized....it's just not my nature. So I keep trying to recreate myself and find new ways to organize - here is my latest attempt:



I found this shelf at Goodwill for $3.00!




Yes, I realized it had some bats, balls and gloves painted on it but I knew it would be just the perfect size for my project! And I was right! It fit perfectly when I got it home!

Here is the transformation:



I had a little nook in the kitchen just begging for a spot like this....

  • A spot for everyone's shoes (in the cubbies underneath)
  • A spot for sitting down to put on your shoes!
  • A spot for hanging all book bags
  • A spot for displaying precious faces!

So with a little paint and some hooks, the $3.00 Goodwill shelf was transformed into our new spot!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! You did AWESOME! That is the cutest spot, and what a great idea for shoes! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- great job! That looks super!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bench - wish I had a place to do exactly that! Looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what!?!?!??!?!!

    Centsational girl has rubbed off on you my friend!
    i'm proud. proud. proud.

    i wish i had an area like that.

    I LOVE IT!
    xo
    HH

    ReplyDelete