I'm not a huge New Year's person...
never been big on the New Years Eve parties
and definitely not one to make resolutions
but this year was a little different.
I didn't necessarily jot down resolutions
but they lingered in my head....
because this was going to be the year
FOR ME!
Does it come across as a little selfish?
If it does, I apologize because it really isn't selfish.
It's really unselfish -
I'm putting my oxygen mask on first
No more pregnancies -hopefully -
(still trying to convince a certain someone to make HIS appt.)
no more breastfeeding
no more sleepless nights on end
This is the year to get the baby weight OFF,
exercise more and get more rest,
celebrate my friendships & become the person God wants me to be.
Why is it so hard then when the results aren't fast enough?
Is it a news flash that change takes time?
I started out patiently....running.
Let me please say - I'M NOT A RUNNER.
But I had worked up to a few miles
and the pounds were coming off
That was the encouragement to keep going
until the pain set in
shooting pain with every step
- achilles tendonitis -
looks a little something like this

oh and if that wasn't bad enough
Also Plantars Fasciitis

All of this comes when I've got a good "stride"
My program was actually working
and becoming rewarding but now
no more running for a few weeks
cortizone shots every Friday
ouch.
Just a little roadblock but frustratingly at the
pivotal point in my determination
so I've chosen a different route
while I'm off my feet!
Yep, I joined Weight Watchers
I don't care if that makes me
sound like an old lady
As long as I'm being the best old lady
I can be!
you are going to do great!
ReplyDeletehave you done WW before?
i've done it twice & it truly works. i lost approx 30 lbs each time and then once i got the weight off really kept up with my exercise.
plus now that we're having some gorgeous days i think that always helps too....better than at the beginning of the long cold dreary lets stay inside & drink hot cocoa winters, right?!
xo
way to go girl . . .
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you! I did Weight Watchers years ago and it really works if you stick with it. I found that going in to have someone else weigh me was a BIG motivator to stick to it!
ReplyDeletei am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteyou have inspired me.
lacing up my shoes and heading out.
xo
HH
you go girl...look at the comments! WW is SO not for old ladies AT ALL! I hope you start feeling better very soon!
ReplyDeleteOh you poor thing, my mom gets those shots - ouch! Good luck with WW, my sister did it and it really worked for her.
ReplyDeletebtw - my hubby didn't want to make 'that appointment' after baby 3 - he was nervous - and then we found out baby 4 was coming. Needless to say, that 'problem' has been long since taken care of :)
come on back now ... ya here?
ReplyDelete