Today my oldest "Numero Uno" turned SIX!Where has the time gone?
I remember that day like it was yesterday
I knew I was having contractions
but wasn't due for another 3 weeks!
My husband was refinishing our guest bath
that he had totally gutted while I was out of town!
We taped a piece of paper to the wall in the hallway.
I let him know every time I had a contraction
and he stopped his construction project to write down the time.
I love that I still have that piece of paper.
I love that you can gradually see the contractions
getting closer and closer and how I had to literally brace myself
against that same wall as we walked to get in the car.

The nurses kept telling me not to get my hopes up,
The nurses kept telling me not to get my hopes up,
that NO one goes early with their first babies.
I knew they weren't right...I knew this baby was coming soon!
they thought I was crazy.
Sweet Numero Uno arrived at 8:11 PM and I was sure
nothing ever that perfect had been born before!
He was teeny tiny....6lbs. 4ozs. which concerned me on
where the other 50 pounds were accounted for!
I felt so natural as a mother instantly....
like it was WHY I was put on this earth.
I never second guessed myself - was so confident
and couldn't WAIT to go in his room in the middle of the night.

There is something so special about your first born.

There is something so special about your first born.
He is the one that first gave me this role as mother.
He is the first life we created out of such LOVE.
I gained a whole deeper kind of love for my husband when this child came.

Now he's six years old! HOW?
He's independant and mostly indecisive,
He values my opinion but doesn't like collared shirts
He'll play with anything but is obsessed with Star Wars.
Those who know me, know that I'm pretty simple
when it comes to birthday parties (or anything really!)
but last night we blew it out! Crazy ridiculous - boys running everywhere!
They had a blast and I enjoyed a glass of wine when they left!
I even got into the spirit and dressed up as Princess Leia
She must have had A LOT of hair to do those buns!
Those that also know me, know that I don't do dress up!
That just shows what I would do for this sweet kid!
Happy 6th Birthday "L Dog"!
tears!
ReplyDeletei remember that day like it was yesterday - and you look so SMALL in that picture!!!
what a fun time.
you are such a good mom.
xo
HH