My sweet husband wants to complete an Ironman - I'm so impressed by his drive but we watched the Ironman in Hawaii on TV today and I swear these people are CRAZY! They get off their bikes, hardly walking, and then they are expected to run a marathon (26.2 miles)...They seriously can not walk!!! Much less run a freaking marathon!
Some miss the time limit to finish the bike by 3 or 4 seconds and are disqualified - unbelievable - some are kicked in the face during the swim, pushed underneath water, throwing up while biking unable to hold fluids down - not a good sign by the way!
I just can't understand why someone would want to do this?
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would only do it if I were being chased by someone with a large knife....actually, I'd probably just go with the knife, because I'd die doing the iron man anyways!
ReplyDeleteGo Robby! You follow your dream. There is no better time to do it ... you don't want to look back with regrets. DO IT NOW! But, you'll need to be very aware that the time you are spending TRAINING is time that Christy will be with the boys alone ...so, she'll need a few massages and BEACH trips along the way :0)
ReplyDelete