Monday, March 17, 2008

So proud...


Can I just brag on my kids for a moment? I have just been so proud of them these past few weeks. Not only are they so sweet but they just LOVE each other so much! Here are a few examples:

The other day, Lawson starts yelling "Mom, look at our kid! He is walking up the stairs by himself and he's doing SO GOOD!!" Well, I'm thinking what in the world? He's always crawled up the steps but I go look and he literally is holding the hand rail walking up the steps like a big boy!!! We were cheering and it was so exciting but I really couldn't get over how proud Lawson was of his baby brother!

We had nana and papa jim over for dinner one night last week and Lawson wanted to say the blessing. I was sure he'd say the normal "God is great, God is good" but he totally broke out of the norm and says "Dear God, Thank you so much for the library and that Andrew had such a good time there today. He loves story time and we are just so happy that he was able to check out some books. amen." WHAT? Definitely one of my proudest moments -

Today, the boys were sitting on their swings with Robby and Lawson just says out of nowhere "Dad, I love andrew"....wow!

I swear it's not anything we've done to form this bond between them - Andrew can't go to sleep without telling Lawson (Lawah) nite nite first and Lawson is so excited about sharing a room and getting bunkbeds!!!

One more thing and I'm done bragging - the other day while working in the yard, I hear Lawson singing so I stopped to hear what song he was singing ..... this is what I hear: "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, This little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine...." I still can't get over it.

We are blessed -

"Sons are a heritage of the Lord, children a reward from Him." Psalm 127:3

3 comments:

  1. Christy, that is so absolutely precious I can barely stand it! I love that blog! Thanks so much for sharing those sweet things! I hope Molly takes to her brother/sister like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog ... bloggy sista! Your boys are just precious little lights. Full of energy and life. You are so blessed. I'm blessed to know them ... and you.

    **BTW, love the playlist - I want one.

    xo
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. THEY ARE SO HILARIOUS!
    hhahahah
    i love all these stories about them!
    can't wait til tuesday!!
    court

    ReplyDelete