Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fathers

So I didn't get to discuss Fathers Day since we were at the beach but we had a great day! My mom, sister and I made a special breakfast for the dads in our life and it was nice! I had pictures of the boys taken for Robby and they turned out great! Here is the link if anyone is interested in viewing (and I HIGHLY recommend the photographer - Sara Ippolitto)

www.saraippolitophotography.com/stargelboys.htm

Today is my own dad's birthday (June 22nd) and he would've been 64. Since he died at the early age of 46 I feel like i hardly knew him! I'm not usually one to remember or celebrate days that are of the past (loved ones gone birthdays, anniversaries, date of death) because all of that seems a little pointless to me. But I don't know why for some reason his birthday today has really stayed with me all day. I don't know if it's because we just got back from the beach with our own two boys and watching them with their own dad, or thinking the entire time how thankful I am that my parents kept our family vacation a tradition each summer. I'm thankful to my dad for so many things and just crave and miss out on that adult father/daughter relationship with him. I long for the day when I can sit and catch up for an eternity.

So here's to Fathers Day and all that means to me....to the one I've lost and for the wonderful husband/father I've gained!

4 comments:

  1. Christy, PRECIOUS pics!!!!! Glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! wow!

    love the post. you are always close to my heart and on my mind on father's day. i remember the time you spent it with me and my dad.

    welcome back! i missed you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pix are great. I lost my dad when I was 11. He was 37. I'll be 33 next month, and I still feel cheated. I do have a wonderful step dad who my mom married after I was grown and married, and I am so so so thankful for him! Still, I have always wondered "what might've been."

    ReplyDelete