So for most people, today is all about the 4th of July but for me...it is the day my second child was born! As I turned on the road race this morning for my oldest - I was flooded with memories of early morning contractions, calling my doctor and trying to get to Piedmont Hospital before the Peachtree Road Race began! I had visitors that would check in on me and then step out front and watch people struggle up cardiac hill. Such a fun, fun memory and what a fun birthday!!!
We looked for daddy this morning on tv but didn't see him (out of the 55,000 people!) but when the winner crossed the finish line - my 3 year old asked me "Why didn't daddy win?" How cute is that? He really thought daddy might have a shot at beating that ethiopian!!! I look forward to cheering daddy on from the sidelines in years to come! I'm so proud of him - this is is 17th year running! Wow!
The birthday boy isn't awake yet but I can't wait to go squeeze him and ask him the question we've asked so many times this week (practicing!!) "How old are you today?" and hear him say in his sweet voice "twoooooo".
We're hoping to make it to fireworks tonight - the first time for the boys - let's pray they dont' crash!!!
Birthday pics are to come! Happy 4th everyone!
happy birthday to your little man...what a great day!!
ReplyDeleteone of my favorite friends had her daughter (30something years ago) on july 4th early am too!
my emily ( almost 12) asked me if i thought i'd win the peachtree this morning too!
ha!
xo
Happy B-day Andrew!!!! Tell Robby I'm so sorry he didn't win this year....better luck next time! : )
ReplyDeleteHappy BIRTHDAY sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the newly '2' boy at the pool next week.
HH