Wednesday, August 20, 2008
He's house trained!
So I think we've actually house trained our puppy! He's completely got the number #1 down and only goes outside to poop! I know you are probably thinking "how great is that? I didn't even know they got a puppy" well that's the problem - we don't have a puppy!!! We have a two year old that literally only wants to poop outside!!! At first, I was like whatever as long as it's not in my house or in your pants! But NOW...he will open the back door and head out to the back yard to do his duty....that's a problem! He can't function in society like that! So because I feel he completely knows what he's doing (if you can open the door on your own and go find your spot to poop - don't you agree he knows what he's doing?) I now am faced with the challenge of breaking him from pooping in the yard....any suggestions on how to do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it!! I am impressed that you have succeeded so early with him!! I only wish I had to deal with your "problem". Maybe put a potty on the deck, then go from there. I hope it goes well!!! Kim
ReplyDelete.... Too funny! Well, you know that I don't have much to offer since my puppy pooped on the playground equipment this week! I love Kim's idea about putting the potty on the deck. Or if you know he is wanting to head outside --- try sitting him on the potty before he goes out to play. Give him a book or something to do to make him stay a little longer. That way you can possibly catch it ahead of time. Good Luck! --- I'm so proud of your little man, he's doing so well!
ReplyDeletehey!i was sitting there thinking that i had missed too much in your life if you had a puppy and i didn't even know!!!!!
ReplyDeletehe DEFINITELy knows what is going on. he may be asserting some independence.
you'll get it babes.... he'll get it. i'm proud of him! (and you!)