Sunday, September 7, 2008

Long time...no update

So I haven't been the best blog updater lately - Crazy would be a good word for the past few weeks. Here's a quick recap of what's been going on over here:

* Celebrated numero uno's 4th birthday for literally an entire weekend - putting together a fire station birthday party for over 20 kids, hosting family for dinner and traveling to be with our other family on Sunday - exhausting for my pregnant feet as I tend to stand and talk to everyone when I'm hosting! I think this might have been the only time I sat down all weekend...to take this picture!






* Both boys started preschool at a new school and getting adjusted has been harder for mommy than it has been for them! At the orientation, I looked at my husband and said "I miss MY friends!!" to which he replied "you'll make new friends sweetie" - Can you tell it's been harder on me than on the kids? I do know some people - actually one of my best friends since birth sends her little girl there - but it's not my comfortable stomping grounds yet. I'm used to knowing all the administrators, teachers, assitants and kids at the old school....it will come I know.


* The car didn't start on Little Man's very FIRST day of preschool (numero uno had already gone the day before)....I broke out into a sweaty panic attack and finally called the above mentioned best friend to come get us. She gladly picked us up, dropped me off at the curb, where I stepped out of the car into a puddle, it was pouring down rain and walked in with a boy on each hand only for the director to ask me if I had my badge to get into the school...."um, I have nothing! My car wouldn't start, my friend just dropped me off at the curb, he is in Muldowny's class and he is in Conner's class" to which she replies "I'm so sorry....I'm going to have to walk them back" - Had I been able to think straight which I couldn't in my rushed panic state, I would've asked to walk back with her to escort my little man to his class on his first day of preschool but because the tears were coming fast, I quickly turned (forgetting to even hug my kids) and ran to my borrowed ride just in time to let the tears fall. Was it a big deal in the big scheme of life? No but it was a huge deal THEN for this hormonal pregnant mom that had already been hard on herself for not even getting his PICTURE taken on the first morning, much less not walking him to his classroom. He was completely fine - walked right in and had a blast with no tears....his mom on the other hand? Not so fine.

* Numero uno has started going four days straight a week (Mon-Thurs) and while I know there are moms that do way more than this...it has been a huge adjustment for this mom that's not a morning person at all!!! I've been so proud to have them up, dressed and even FED in time to head out...and I know I'm going to eventually get my rhythm down but I just don't have it yet. Two prime examples, the morning after the director tolded me I needed my badge, I proceeded to drop numero uno off in the carpool line. Well who comes to open his door? The same director who probably thinks I'm the biggest nutjob in the world - well I have two kids and the only one getting out was on the opposite side of where he was supposed to get out. She tells me "Could you please switch him to the other side?" Whatever....Of course I can - Was i bugged anyway? YES! It's hormones. Another day I had both boys completely dressed and getting in the car when I happened to walk by the calendar and read that today is Spirit day and they should wear their school tshirts!!! CRAP! So I quickly changed them, putting on their school t- shirts so I'd look like i was somewhat on the ball. I get there and numero uno's teacher tells me that it's not spirit day for them, only little man.....WHATEVER!

* I joined facebook and can not even begin to tell you the amount of friends that are coming out of the woodwork! People from elementary school are contacting me! It's great but everytime I sit down at my computer, I have a new friend to confirm in my inbox! This has taken a chunk of my blogging time.

* I came down with the most horrible sinus infection that I've had now for over a week. Finally went to the doctor because all of the things that a pregnant person is allowed to take (Tylenol, Sudafed, Benadryl) wasn't touching it. Now I'm just on some category B drugs that still aren't touching it...It's not so fun being pregnant, but SICK and pregnant...wow - I'm taking grumpy to a whole new level. I have so much sinus pressure that my TEETH hurt...yes, you read that right - my teeth.

* Hubby left early Saturday morning to spend the weekend at his Alma Mater, see a football game, hang at the fraternity house and catch up with old friends. I couldn't be more thankful to have him back - our kids don't do so well when one of us is gone. Bedtime is HORRIBLE! And it doesn't matter which one is gone! If one isn't here for bedtime, it's not good. Little man basically cried himself to sleep even after we called Daddy to say his prayers over the phone and I had gone in to rock him several times. Do other kids do this? We talked about it tonight and he's not looking forward to me going away for four days soon. I, on the other hand, am counting down the days!!!!
*Little man is still pooping in his pants after a month of potty training - he really has no desire to tell me he needs to poop or even try to make it to the potty in time. I've tried stickers, bribing, toys on the fridge, even spankings and this strong willed child seems unphased. I, on the other hand, am about to lose my freaking mind...again hormones, pregnant, sick, child pooping his pants daily, not good! So as of today we have taken away his blankie that he LOVES for naptime (he pooped his pants before church this morning) and bedtime tonight (since he pooped his pants after dinner) He's got to get it eventually right? I guess I should be encouraged that they make adult diapers in case he doesn't! I'm going to hear John Rosemond speak Wednesday night on Parenting the Strong Willed Child and I swear I'm taking my list of questions with me regarding our strong willed child! I know every child is different and I've said this before, my two are night and day!

So basically that's about all that's been going on over here - hope it explains the lack of updating as I've literally FALLEN in bed every night.

Was going to post the picture I got on little man's first day of preschool when I went to pick them up but the camera is dead....stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!!! I am so sorry about all the hormonal pregnant moments...I'm not far enough removed from those not to sympathize! As for the sinus infection, I too had one when I was about 28 weeks pregnant that took 6 WEEKS and 3 Zpacks to go away!!!!!!!! It was HORRIBLE!!! I couldn't sleep at night (and neither could Scotty) because I was up coughing all night. The final straw was when I got pink eye in both eyes! Even pink eye drops are category B! It was crazy, but after all those drugs for all the time, it finally went away and Jack is no worse for the wear. I can't believe they are both in preschool!!!!! You are doing a GREAT job!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuses, excuses . . . . slacker

    j/k :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. good long post. gorgeous family pic. i will come to you with all my potty questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look AMAZING in this picture ... by the way.

    ReplyDelete