Wednesday, October 8, 2008

90210....

So many things have changed....the teenagers are skinnier and MUCH more sassy (aka potty mouth), definitely much more "touchy/feely" in the halls and they are in clubs called C&C "Champaigne and Cocaine" but one thing that hasn't changed is the ability to suck me right back in.




I remember back when the original show was on and having friends over every Thursday night to watch Beverly Hills 90210 - now they've dropped the "beverly hills" to just 90210....you should KNOW that's Beverly Hills people!

They still have the Peach Pit, the old man that runs it, Brenda, Kelly and talks of Brandon and Dilyn although they haven't made appearances yet. I even realized my age tonight when the PARENTS of the teenagers made a reference to an old movie that you'd only know if you're at least my age or older - the reference was "No one puts baby in a corner" (Dirty Dancing for you young folks!) The parents just laughed while the teenagers looked at them like they were crazy and what was I doing...of course, laughing! The day is coming soon when I'll be getting those same looks from my own kids.

My better half walked in during the show and says "What is this crap? This isn't even worth the energy it takes to run it on the tv." I guess he wasn't a big 90210 fan - then or now. You see why he's my better half for so many reasons. He doesn't encourage me getting sucked into these stupid shows. But I'm afraid it's too late - Adriana just overdosed, Ethan and Annie were about to kiss and Naomi might be going to jail...I'm tuning in next week!

4 comments:

  1. Do you know I have never seen a full episode of 90210? My husband, on the other hand, has! I read something about how all the girls on the new one are WAY too skinny. That's all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a HUGE BH 90210 fan . . . but this one is just too much for me. However, I am still all over Gossip Girl . . . what's the difference? They're both trashy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm such a tv nerd....didn't watch it then & no time for it 'now'!
    plus, my teenagers already watch enough garbage...not that i'm saying you watch garbage of course!

    facebook--you hip mamma you!

    & i love the pics of your porch. i just got all caught up!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. adam gets so mad at me for being such a teeny bopper and loving all those shows. i can not even wait till highschool musical comes out next weekend.
    but we had to make one deal. i would not watch mtv(the hills), and he would not watch vh1. but i still got the wholesome "greys anatomy" to watch.
    maybe i love all those because i did not have a crazy teenage years. you too!

    ReplyDelete