Sunday, November 16, 2008

Is this normal?

So my last blog was about my various splurges (good and bad) during this pregnancy. And these pajamas have turned out to be so comfortable that it was hard to find a time where I'd be out of them long enough to "handwash" and let dry flat for two days (which seemed like an eternity). But I did finally break down and wash them and the night that I had to go without them was back to my old jcrew nonmaternity pants and some random maternity tshirt - which had been fine in the past! Well, it wasn't fine anymore! The pants were falling down, the shirt rising up and when I got up to go to the bathroom at 3 am - I even mumbled to my husband "i miss my pajamas...."as I was climbing back into bed. So the next night I was putting them on and I didn't even care that they were still a little damp!!!! I don't know that it was normal to be that excited about one pair of pajamas but I was happy as a lark!

My mom said "I want to see them" to which I replied "oh, you will because I don't plan on getting out of them anytime soon!!!" I get dressed each morning to do my motherly duties of carpool, preschool, etc. but I'm counting down the minutes until I can get home and change into my pj's - how sad that my husband sees me in them when he leaves in the morning and returns home to find me in yes....my pj's!

I'm just glad to have found this one comfort that is going to get me through these last few weeks of this pregnancy....so if you stop by in the late afternoon - don't be surprised if I answer the door in my pj's!

4 comments:

  1. You enjoy those pjs girl, and wear the daylights out of them! I wore a random pair of non-maternity shorts and a random maternity t-shirt every night when I was preg with Jack, and I wish I had been wearing my cute little comfy nursing gown that I STILL wear! The sad day will come when you can't wear them anymore, so live it up! You need to post a pic of yourself in them! Can't wait to see you Tues.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would not feel the least bit bad about the PJs friend ... wear them as much as you possibly can!

    definitely need to see a picture in them.

    heck! wear them to bday club! no one would care....

    can't wait to see you.

    HH

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am right with you. i strip down and put the most hideous outfit for comfort and that is all adam sees me in.

    ReplyDelete