So we have a new president and quite honestly, I'm just tired of talking about the election, hearing about the election and even worrying about the election- just ready to move on.
I am now 32 weeks and 5 days in my pregnancy (so they told me today at the doctor) and our sweet little one is head down! Yeah! This was very exciting news to us as our little man (#2) was NOT head down and was in breech position causing the doctor to turn him at 36 weeks. Luckily, he stayed head down and was born two weeks later but not without a lot of worry!
I decided to splurge on two things this pregnancy - one a definite must have and one definitely not worth the money!
For one, I never had a pregnancy through the fall and winter so I splurged this time and bought a pair of "designer" jeans (the brand is called Paige)
Anyway, they have been nothing but a constant pain in the butt since I got them. At first they were constantly falling down so I got them altered. It didn't matter so I took them back in and they told me it was too early in my pregnancy so they may still be a little big and that I needed to buy this belly band to hold them up so I did.....no help whatsoever. Now not only are the jeans falling down still (and I consider myself at the end....I mean, how much larger are my HIPS going to get?) but now the belly band is riding up - it's all around uncomfortable. Usually I don't tell the price of things because I don't care but if you spend $200 (I'm embarrassed to even type it!!!) then you should want to SLEEP in those jeans, they should be so comfortable!!!! They should be taking you out, buying dinner and waking up beside you in the morning! So take it for what it's worth - I would rather have 3 pairs of my GAP maternity jeans to my one pair of Paige jeans.
On the other hand, I bought these FABULOUS pajamas from Ann Taylor Loft - who knew they carried maternity? But they aren't even Ann Taylor brand - they are a brand called Olian and this is definitely another splurge for me. With the other two pregnancies, I would just buy larger pj's that weren't even maternity and they never fit right leaving me uncomfortable when I had visitors, awkward with nursing and you know how you already don't feel all that pretty! WELL....I tried these pj's on in Ann Taylor and I'm afraid I won't ever want to take them off! Concerned friends and family are going to be telling me to get out of the pj's when my baby is 5 months old!!!! I was going to save them for the hospital and for when I come home but the other night as my current pants and shirt I was sleeping in was so uncomfortable, falling down, riding up - you get the picture - I figured why not enjoy these pajamas now??? And that is exactly what I'm doing - they are SO comfy! So again, take it for what it's worth - definitely a splurge worth investing in especially when you want to feel halfway decent about yourself at the end of your pregnancy and when you bring that little one home.
We are so ready to bring this little one home!!!!


you deserve a splurge!!!!!!
ReplyDelete*still shell shocked here over the $200 jeans ... but, you live and learn. pass them onto to someone -- maybe they will be better for them!!!
I bought a cute little nursing gown at Mimi's when I was pregnant with Jack and I LOVE it!!!! I have worn it every night since the day after I had him! It's pink and cute and pretty, and it supports my nursing boobies, and I LOVE it! You enjoy those pjs for as long as you want girl! And for what it's worth, I bought a pair of "designer" jeans on sale for $70at Pickles and Ice Cream when I was pregnant with Molly and they were NEVER as comfy as my Gap maternity!
ReplyDeletea great pair of comfy PJ's are often better than . . . well, you get the picture :)
ReplyDeletehilarious.
ReplyDelete$200. i thought i was getting to know you and i do not know anymore.
J/K
i am making notes over here.
and i also bet those are your hot legs in the pic of jeans. you go sexy mamma.
oh what sadness that the bummer jeans were named paige....say it isn't so!
ReplyDeleteabout the hair cut...caroline has been getting her hair cut at genesis salon out in snellville. kylie cut it last, austyn did it the time in august when i posted her out in the field.
i have also roadtripped up to the genesis salon in duluth for ellay to cut both her & madison ...they've all been great!
cant wait to see pics of your new little one coming very soon!!
xo