
As a mother, you are faced everyday with challenges that reveal your strength and endurance... Endurance to run the race of parenting.....I had many, many challenges this week and was really shocked at how many I faced without reaching the breaking point. BUT....there always is a breaking point, right? - here is my week in review.
I did NOT reach the breaking point on Sunday when I stepped on the scale after a week of eating great and exercising everyday last week and had only lost ONE pound.
I even kept my cool when numero uno started throwing up Sunday morning into the afternoon causing us to have to cancel brunch with another family and dinner out with another couple that night! No date night for us!
Here he is the morning he had "Date with Dad" at his school - Can you tell he's proud of his dad?
Still calm on Monday when I had all three kids home (since numero uno couldn't go to school due to the throwing up) and attempted to clean my house (successfully I might add!) with them home. Any mother understands this is almost asking the impossible. How do you clean when you have a 4, 2 and 3 month old under foot? I also cooked dinner for my birthday club (12 girls) who were coming for dinner that night. This is a night I look forward to all month - to be with my girls and have some great conversation and catch up with everyone.
You would totally think I completely lost my cool when little man came to tell me goodnight with all the girls there and THREW UP in front of everyone - I'm talking power puke! All the girls evacuated within 20 seconds and dessert hadn't even been served! I did want to cry considering all the hard work I had put into it AND the fact that my girls night was wasted but I remained calm. I kept telling myself it's not his fault he threw up!!!
Tuesday morning should have been my "day off" with both boys in preschool but little man was now home sick - I was EXHAUSTED from his throwing up threw the night and now was bombarded all day with diarrhea diapers - wow. We were looking forward to small group bible study that night and it's just so great to have time alone with my husband and enjoy the company of 6 other couples but my babysitter said she was uncomfortable keeping babies so no big deal - I took baby girl and she fussed the entire time! I found myself isolated in a bedroom nursing her trying to calm her down and practically missed all of small group. By this point, I was really getting frustrated.
By Wednesday I was starting to feel really worn down but met a girlfriend for coffee while our boys played and that recharged me some - until I got home and realized little man's diapers had only gotten worse (if that was possible) I changed four dirty diapers that included baths to get him clean all in a two hour span - That's hard to do while nursing a three month old or having her in tow! I really really thought this was the breaking point and I had to meet with a bride at 4:00 that afternoon. I called my husband and told him i needed him home earlier than 3:45 - I couldn't just switch hats that fast and meet with this girl! I needed time to prepare, get up to the shop, unwind and put on my "professional" hat - not my "spit up on my shirt, diaper changing, burp cloth wearing" hat.
That indeed wasn't the breaking point - shocking really! I know you are wondering what was the straw that broke the camel's back? Well, it was unexpected Wednesday night and came while I was downstairs nursing baby girl - Little man had gotten into the A&D ointment and we're not sure if he ate it or what but he had it all over him and the floor and the entire tube was gone! I was so angry at him! When was he going to learn not to put all of this stuff in his mouth! (Don't forget this is the same child that swallowed the G.I.Joe necklace!) Poison Control reassured me he'd be fine but that it would act as a laxative - oh great!
Today has been much better and his diapers haven't been all that bad - I guess he didn't eat that much after all! Plus, we are turning a new corner - whether we are ready or not! I've told him that once the diapers are gone....they're gone! Well....THEY ARE GONE! Am I ready to potty train him? Yes - I just hope he's ready to do it this time! Pray for me.
Oh and sweet baby girl is 3 months old today and she's just the sweetest thing! I had to wake her up this morning at 7:55 am to feed her! Isn't it great when they start sleeping through the night?

I am still so sorry about b-day club! But power puke is an accurate description!!!! Bless him! Baby girl is the cutest!
ReplyDeleteit was fun regardless. we felt so bad for you.
ReplyDeletesweet baby girl. SOOOOO glad i got some good snuggle time on Tuesday with her .... but, it wasn't enough.
xo
HH
girl, you are a stronger, more seasoned mother than i! :-) you really were super woman this week. i would've lost it by monday. here's to hoping that this week is better for you & that you can spend some time relishing in the fact that your baby girl is getting bigger, sleeping through the night & is about the cutest thing on earth (until august when MY baby girl comes along!!!). love you - hope we can catch up soon!
ReplyDeleteoh goodness...what a week my friend, what a week!!!
ReplyDeletethinkin you need a trip to the gulf coast,huh?
LOVE that top picture. could she be any cuter???
xo
Whew, I am really tired after just reading about your ordeals. Well, take heart, it did not come to stay, "It came to pass...." - it says so in the Bible! Linda (Mindy's mom)
ReplyDelete