Sunday, March 8, 2009

long overdue



So i haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with my blog lately - along with other things in my life! But this week is a new week. A new start. Sort of like New Years Resolutions - only in March.

Because when New Years came - I was 2 weeks postpartum and couldn't think about getting any order in my life. But now that baby girl is almost 3 months -night sleep is continuous - it's time for me to kick it in gear.

For me, this means a fresh outlook - give myself a makeover - spiritually, mentally and the oh so dreaded physically (why is it so much easier to be fat than it is to be skinny?)

Today we started a weight loss challenge with another couple. Originally it was the husbands competing against each other until the other wife thought it would be fun to include the wives as well (WHAT?) but quite honestly, I need a little motivation - a little kick in the butt to get off my butt! So today was the day - no more break n bake cookies, no more krispy kreme, no more doritos, no more eating the kids snacks, no more double portions! I'm the first to admit it's not a diet - I'm nursing and I need my food! Just a way to "watch it" - so I'm putting it out there for the entire world to see and hold me accountable. Having three babies in four years, I am embarrassed at how bad of shape I'm really in. Now that we feel our family is complete - I have no more excuses! So there it is.....it's out there now.

With that being said, I set out to do 100 pushups this morning and made it to 25 - I'm seriously convinced now that there is NO ab muscles whatsoever! I had always assumed but now I KNOW!

Then I went walking on my old route that I used to do all the time - before baby #3 that is! It's about a 3.5 mile walk through the streets of downtown Roswell and usually quite pleasant. Passing the galleries, shops and restaurants - today? There was nothing pleasant about it. You would have thought I just ran a marathon! What in the world is wrong with me? Anyone should be able to walk 3.5 miles right?

Well, I did it but I also just took two tylenol and can't wait to hit the sack - Please feel free to send any words of encouragement my way (Paige!) I long to be in my prepregnancy lucky jeans!
Oh and just had to include pics of the kiddos- the boys in the snow (spring is just around the corner! YEAH!), baby girl snoozing and her in her big girl pj's!

3 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 7 months postpartum and walking 1 mile made my shins sore! Does that make you feel better? I also figure I've got to get with the program, so I started by eating ALL of our girl scout cookies this weekend...you know, to get them out of sight! I'm with ya girl, I'm with ya. Tell me if you want a walking partner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha...that last picture of sweet, chubby annie just makes me laugh...nothing sweeter than our babies in their PJs - i love it!

    & you can DO this w/ the weight, girl! it WILL be hard, but i can already tell that you're the kind of person once you set your mind to it, it will be done. there's SOOOO much benefit you get out of being HEALTHY & that's how you should see it, girl - you're doing what's best for you & those who love you...healthy choices. teach baby girl that now...we're dealt certain genetic cards & we have to work w/ what we've got, but it can't control us! keep up all the positive things you're already doing - i'm proud of ya!!!

    ReplyDelete