Sunday, March 29, 2009

Potty Training....again

Little man is really struggling with potty training - we tried it about six months ago in hopes that he could have it down before baby girl arrived...that didn't happen. So now we are trying it again!
The other day he was saying "mommy I can't poop on the potty" in this whiney, whiney voice and I said "baby you can! You are a big boy and you can do this!!!" So I made him repeat after me:
Me: "I can do......"
little man: "I CAN'T do...."
Me: "All things...."
Little man: "NOT all things...."
Me: "Through Christ"
Little man: "Through Christ"
Me: "Who strengthens me..."
Little man: who str*(&%()@ me...." (Strengthens is a little hard for him to say!)

So after repeating it a few times - he's now actually learned the bible verse and only says "I can NOT do" and "NOT all things" when he's trying to be funny.

We've poopied in the potty twice but it's still a struggle! Don't you think after the first time you succeeded you would continue your success? Not with this strong willed child..... (Pause the music to hear the video)






Take Two:





Numero Uno has also been feeling a little left out lately - he's got a lot going on in his little four year old surroundings - his Papa Jim - who he's very close with and used to seeing a few times a week has been sick since January and in the hospital where little people aren't aloud to visit. Also because he is the oldest, he doesn't get his needs met immediately when I'm dealing with little man (who's potty training and requires a lot of attention ANYWAY) and with nursing baby girl. I expect him to understand and be patient so I think this has been hard for him as well. So....me and my precious one went on a little date Saturday morning - just him and mommy. It was so great to be with JUST him and talk about what all is going on his brain! He picked the place - krispy kreme - it's sinful that there is one so close to our house! But that's where we went!!! And then he wanted to go to the library to get some more books - precious. I love these times with my children one on one.





And this baby girl is growing so fast!!!! At three months old she already weighs 14 lbs. 10 oz!!!! I can't take it! She is the sweetest most laid back baby. She sleeps great through the night and is such a complete joy! Her brothers are infatuated with her! They love to "play" with her - I thought this was too cute! They took all of their stuffed animals and put them in her swing with her.....stop it!




4 comments:

  1. i love you, and i hope u r doing so well over there with your three. i keep checking on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS. i laughed out loud when you said, "That's isn't funny" to little man ... that is SO YOU it kills me. he gets your goat ...

    my mom has always stressed alone time with each child. that is so important .. esp when you have first born who doesnt' require quite as much --- got that going on here as well.

    can't believe your princess is so big already ... before too long she's gonna fit in all these clothes that i have for you w/ her name on them!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have yet to poopie in the potty over here. She will stand in front of me, poop in her pants, and then say, "poopie in the potty!" Yea, right. I guess at least I can catch it right away! Scotty and I were just talking about needing to take our kids one on one. I feel like Jack gets the short end of the stick because he is so easy. Poor guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, girl! your kids are too cute!!! when he told you he loved you @ the end of the 2nd video...oh, melts my heart. i'm going to DIE when garrett says that to me one day!!!

    so glad you had that time w/ #1 this weekend. i can already tell that i'm going to *miss* garrett in certain ways when my own baby girl arrives.

    you're a good momma, christy stargel. keep up the good potty training w/ little man! love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete