
Some may say the City of Roswell is a small town with a population of only 49,000 and I even feel it gets smaller and smaller as we get more involved in our community, meet new people through preschool and church and even start to recognize the same people at various spots around town.
But Thursday I decided to leave my car parked and enjoy this city by foot! I think I've told some of you that we are doing a "weight loss challenge" with some friends of ours so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and walk to get the kids at preschool! Our preschool sits on the corner of the downtown Roswell square so I did some window shopping in some of the cutest boutiques, then walked to the post office - mailed a package and then headed to the preschool!
The kids were so excited....at first! As we set off out of the parking lot, little man says "I want to get into a car!!!" I just kept saying "no, we are almost home" and really we probably don't even live a mile from their preschool. Numero Uno practically ran the entire way home - he's definitely going to be a runner like his dad but he was always so sweet to wait up for us at each stop!
As we turned the corner for the homestretch, I gave the kids the option of walking down into the first subdivision (ours is the second) and picking up baby girls Easter basket from the girl who monograms for me or we could go home and they chose picking up the Easter basket! I couldn't believe it! So we even got some additional unplanned excercise on the way home! I was so proud of my boys and proud of myself for enjoying this precious city, saving gas and getting exercise all at the same time!
that is a gorgeous picture!
ReplyDeletei love the bradford pear little blossoms juxtaposed with the black iron lightpost--so pretty.
i wish our little downtown was uber cool like roswell.
i'm sending you a huge hug of encouragement your way. i know the weight loss thing post baby was so hard for me. i lost 40 lbs in less than 7 months 4 years ago & slowly put 30 of it back on. what was i thinking? why didn't i work harder at keeping it off. it was so hard for me to get back motivated this time. i am an exercise junkie but have really gone back to eating most whatever i want...not good so i must get it in gear too.
would love to meet your precious baby girl one day. maybe sometime before the girls get out of school i can roadtrip up there
hugs
Love your blog - love it! Too fun! And I loved seeing y'all walking down the street - very cute!
ReplyDeletelook @ you bunch of clean commuters! so proud of you for doing that! :-) good for you & the kiddies! can't wait to see you tomorrow night, girl!
ReplyDeletewhat a great idea!!! gretch does that sometimes too!!!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see you tonight girlfriend.
xo
HH