Monday, May 4, 2009

Road Trip to See My Carolina Girls!




So our family of five took a road trip this weekend to see my sister ("aunt mine") and her family. It was baby girl's first road trip and all the kids did great!!! Everyone did great in the car and slept great at her house - two of our biggest worries when traveling.

I've been having this overwhelming feeling that my kids are just growing up too fast and seeing my niece off to prom this weekend just reiterated that fact. I remember when she was born just like it was yesterday and now here she is, 16 and going to PROM! Is that how it's going to feel with my own daughter? Will I literally wake up and they'll all be grown? Numero Uno is riding the bus in the Fall, little man is pooping in the potty like a champ and baby girl is rolling over and laughing! My babies are growing up.





We had such a great time this weekend. It's so nice to be with my sister - we are so close and so alike in so many ways. Someone asked us if we were twins!!! We are 12 years apart people! That just shows you how great she looks and how fast I'm declining! We are so much alike in our mannerisms and looks and over the years have grown closer and closer. Her kids are alot older than mine so I see what lies ahead with my own children in their future teenage years...although I feel like some days I'd trade her my toddlers for her teens!
We took my niece to the mall to get her makeup done and I've never seen so many highschool girls getting their makeup done for prom! EVERY stool at every makeup counter was completely full - I know I'm old but is that new? whatever. I got my makeup done for my wedding and that was a huge deal!!! But MAC did her makeup and it was beautiful! She is definitely a natural beauty.





We went to a neighbor's shindig down the street and I couldn't get there fast enough! We tried to leave three times and little man starting crying then baby girl woke up. I thought we weren't going to be able to go (and with free babysitting too!) When we finally arrived, I was so happy to get there and have a margarita. Let me just tell you that my husband makes the best margarita I've ever had!!! I've yet to find anyone (including restaurants) that can make a better one! And I saw the funniest saying on a cocktail napkin - it said " Wine is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Isn't that funny?

Then Sunday we went to church and saw my nephew sing in his church musical "Parableloosa" - it was like watching my childhood all over again.....seriously. I can't even begin to tell you how many musicals I was in just like that one! At one point, I found myself laughing out loud thinking of myself long ago doing the exact same thing!
I just hate they don't live closer.




1 comment:

  1. that is so fun!!!! i cannot believe that courtney is 16 .... i really can't. could it be that when i got MARRIED she was annie's age?????????

    that makes me want to throw up.

    ReplyDelete