Friday, May 8, 2009

What do I want for Mothers Day?



What do I want for Mothers Day is the question my husband asked me -

I really don't want to be selfish but I'd like them to just let me be!

I'd love to sleep in, drink coffee in my pj's and read a good mag

It's not really about a new outfit or the most perfect new bag!



I'd love to have all my laundry washed & put away-

I'd love to see no fingerprints....just for today!

My carpets would be clean with not one goldfish anywhere

My couch would not have pen mark scribbled everywhere!





I'd have designer curtains and fancy things and such

and I wouldn't have to holler "no touch, no touch, NO TOUCH!"

I'd even go exercise by myself which isn't any fun

but it would be so glorious that I might even RUN!



I'd snuggle in my bed and take a nap or two

I'd celebrate all the things that I don't have to do!

But none of these things are realistic - it is what it is

but we have something new to celebrate - a new baby sis!





I couldn't be more thankful for all that I've been given

Could life get any better? Not the one I'm living!

On Mother's day please surround me with the ones that I love best!

and know that this is all I want and not one little thing less!

9 comments:

  1. Before I make any comments, I have to know....did you write this????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy!!!! I had no idea you had this talent in you!!! This is awesome! I love it, and I am so impressed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to comment on this one.
    I love your little poem!!! Great
    job! It is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to comment-I love your little poem and it is so true!!!
    Good job on that one!
    Lisa B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! you have impressed me my dear. love the blog - and everything you said.

    you are a great mom.

    Happy Day to YOU.
    xo
    HH

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT SO VERY MUCH and I CAN totally believe that you wrote this! Best blog EVER! I love you and your fab mom skills and your beautiful family . . .and I just love YOU! Enjoy Your Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Thanks for sharing. Your blog is precious. Happy Mothers Day...you make it look so easy.perdue

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful post sweet christy!

    ReplyDelete