Sunday, August 9, 2009

1 year later.....

One year ago - I was pregnant and in EXTREME pain...I had violently thrown up before I went on a girls beach trip and woke up crying multiple mornings at the beach over coffee in such extreme pain near my ribs.


I even blogged about it here - basically after a trip to the emergency room and a morphine shot, my friends propped me up like Weekend at Bernies!


Well, now a year later I still have this pain on my ribs....so I packed up all three kids and went to see my primary care doctor. One x- ray later showing an "abnormality" and a referral to a pulmonologist resulting in a cat scan and bone scan - it has been determined that I have a "healing rib fracture"....rib #8. NICE......



I've had a broken rib for a complete year - wow. And looking back on it, I can likely recall the exact second that I broke it - the day before I left on that beach trip - so sick and violently throwing up with baby girl in my tummy.


But she was so worth it.....



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I'm glad they figured out what it was~ How do you heal something like that???

    you are right...that precious pea is SO worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you were in so much pain, but that story about you at the emergency room was one of the funniest things I've heard! I still remember laughing so hard my sides hurt! She is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - that's amazing. What a great story to tell her in a few years, though!

    ReplyDelete