Relaxing isn't the word I would use for our annual vacation
fun? yes.... Relaxing? no.
Maybe that's because we have the kids
and is there really a true "vacation" with 3 kids 5 and under?
We lost this one on the first day.....
In a nutshell -
He had come out of the ocean with his cousins and I thought he was still standing next to me but I looked up and noticed he was gone along with the boogie board. We all started looking out in the ocean and everywhere and the beach was PACKED! I ran up to the lifeguard stand and asked him if he could help me....long story short, sirens, rescue trucks, a helicopter about to go up above the ocean....it was horrible. Robby was in the room with baby girl napping so I called just to check if he had gone up there and not told anyone....robby seriously almost had a heart attack. He had been out in the water with the boys that morning and said later that when I called, he knew he was gone if he was in the water because it was so rough.
Anyway, numero uno had turned around to go back in the water but said he realized everyone had come out so when he turned around to come back, he couldn't find us...there were so many tents up and he just got confused. It was HORRIBLE.
Needless to say, I drank 4 strong margaritas in an hour and cried the rest of the night, then passed out on the sofa while crying in front of my entire family. Numero Uno was so sweet and worried about me and rightfully so! I was worried about myself!!!! I did not think I was going to get over it.....I was so thankful to see him in his bed that night.
Anyway, numero uno had turned around to go back in the water but said he realized everyone had come out so when he turned around to come back, he couldn't find us...there were so many tents up and he just got confused. It was HORRIBLE.
Needless to say, I drank 4 strong margaritas in an hour and cried the rest of the night, then passed out on the sofa while crying in front of my entire family. Numero Uno was so sweet and worried about me and rightfully so! I was worried about myself!!!! I did not think I was going to get over it.....I was so thankful to see him in his bed that night.
The week did get better from there but I don't think it could've gotten any worse.
I eventually decided to let the kids go back in the ocean
but ONLY if me or daddy were in the water with them!
The kids "work" hard on the beach
and then we take great naps in the afternoon
We enjoy great dinners and good company
and even went crabbing a few nights!
I love being with my family and enjoy
watching my kids LOVE being with their cousins!
I'm looking forward to one more beach trip this year....
WITH THE GIRLS!!!!!
now that one will be relaxing!
oh you poor thing, what a horrible thing!
ReplyDeletei am so sorry...
oh dear!!
glad it got better from there though
ya'll are entirely too cute
xo
the feeling that i got just READING that ... pure anxiety.
ReplyDeletei can't wait to hear it from YOUR mouth.
girls trip? counting the days friend.
xo
counting down the days . . . .
ReplyDelete