Monday, August 11, 2008

It's a..........



HEALTHY BABY!!!!!
Sorry to disappoint but we're keeping this one a surprise as well! I was definitely more tempted to find out with this one than with the other two and if we (collectively) had been on the fence at all, I would've found out. As hard as it is while we are in that ultrasound room, it's all worth it to not find out at the time of delivery (for us). There is a different excitement in the air in the delivery room when the baby is unknown - the nurses all start chalking up their guesses on the board in our room, even our doctor loved to announce that "Shim is a HIM" when he delivered our firstborn. Since the ultrasound technician doesn't even write it in our chart, he doesn't know the sex either! And there is nothing like the sound of 40+ family members and friends screaming with excitement at the top of their lungs when daddy goes out to announce "we have A......." I've been amazed both times that I can hear them down two corridors.
I always get nervous driving to each of my children's ultrasounds and today was no different. I just can't get over how much of a miracle it is as the ultrasound tech is going over the parts of the brain and the blood flow to the brain, the four chambers of the heart, showing us how the stomach and bladder both have fluid in them so they are working correctly, the femur bone, the fingers and toes and of course, the precious beating heart. I'm in awe and am overwhelmed with how big God is at this moment.
Do you think it looks like a girl or a boy? Love to hear people's predictions!!! When I was leaving the house today - I told numero uno that I'd bring him some pictures of the baby and he asked me "mommy, what is it going to look like?" I replied "i don't know exactly but it will be much bigger than the last picture - you'll get to see it's eyes, nose and little lips...." and he says "will it have boobies?"
20 more weeks and we'll find out!!!!

5 comments:

  1. i second mindy's comment... but, even if it is a boy it will have boobies.

    girl... for SURE.

    so happy that all is healthy. what a relief for you.

    can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful miracle! And yes, she will have boobies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so happy everything is going well. Looks like another beauty to us.
    Granny & Paw

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....I'm thinking girl! ...Definitely!
    I'm glad everything is going so well!

    ReplyDelete