Let me preface this blog by saying the outcome of this was inevitable so you can refrain from negative comments on my parenting!
My boys love to dance (and sing but that's beside the point!). I think it is just the cutest thing when I hear little man say to numero uno "you wanna go dance?" Especially since 90% of the day they are arguing, not sharing and tattle telling on each other. This is the one thing that brings them together. The one thing they love to do together. The one thing that cures all boredom. You have never seen such excitement when one asks the other to go dance....they take off up the stairs to little man's room, crank up the radio and jump (aka dance) on the bed!!!
I hear them up there jumping on the bed and all the reasons start going through my head of why they shouldn't be doing this.....they are going to ruin the mattress (my mom's #1 concern), headbutts, or heaven forbid - fall off and break a bone!
But then there is the side of me that only hears why they SHOULD be doing this....the laughter, the dancing, the friendship and I truly believe this is what memories are made of! So I leave them up there and bask in the glory of them being occupied for the next fifteen minutes!
Well, the other night is when the dancing came to a stop! Numero uno fell off the bed (he claims little man pushed him) and hit the nightstand. The crying was uncontrollable! How did something so fun become so not fun? And you see how all of a sudden the tattle telling instantly returned "He pushed me!"
Needless to say, we thought it was worth a trip to urgent care to check it out. On the way back from urgent care, he called to tell mommy that he got four stitches and didn't even cry! Well , little man hears me talking to his big brother and says he wants to talk! The cutest conversation EVER came next and I was sad I could only hear one side of it! It went something like this:
"You oKAY?"
"You got stitches?"
"I'm so sorry"
"You got a POSsicle?"
"See you soon"
Precious!!!!
So I think the oldest has learned his lesson about jumping on the bed but I'm not so sure about little man!
These pics were one day after we had baby girl - the weather had been cold and rainy for days and everyone had cabin fever! We put their coats and rain boots on and told them to head outside! They loved it! They played in the creek, in the rain for hours! I thought these were just too cute - again what childhood memories are made of!
and I HAD to include one of baby girl......
Christy, we just put Molly's bed in her room, and the ONLY interaction she would have with it at first was to jump on it! I am with you all the way on the parenting call on that one....theoretically we know it's not great, but when good things are happening, you hate to stop it! I'm so sorry about the stitches though! Baby girl is SO precious! I can't believe how she has changed already! Great to see a new post from you! : )
ReplyDeleteyou know what? they will remember that forever. sure, they may get some more stitches .. but really? i have been to the hospital more than 13 times for stitches ... and each time holds a story, a memory, a part of my childhood.
ReplyDeleteyou are a good mom.
and i want to take a BITE out of that annie.
Hi Christy, I came home and checked out your blog first thing. Your kiddos are so cute! Enjoy every moment and drink it in! It was so nice meeting you too. I hope we have another night like that again, maybe we could all go out to dinner to brainstorm our businesses.
ReplyDelete